From Vizzini the route continues to Granmichele.
After the 1693 earthquake destroyed the town of Occhiolà, a new town was built and was named Granmichele, after the patron saint / guardian angel of the then new town. Occhiolà or Echetla was originally a Sicel city between between Syracusan and Carthaginian territory in ancient times.
Carlo Carafa Branciforte, Prince of Butari, the lord of the town commissioned a new city after its destruction by the earthquake, designing it in a hexagonal shape like another town close by, Avola.
From Granmichele the road continues to Caltagirone following the .gpx route.