From Cerda the walk continues to Caccamo.
Caccamo is a relatively old town, first established in 1093 with the arrival and spread of the Normans in Sicily, building Castello di Caccamo. A 14th century bridge (now submerged in lake Rosamarina) and road linked the Castle and town of Caccamo to Palermo.
The castle is now a museum. On the ground level of the castle is a restaurant “A Castellana”.
Worth visiting in Caccamo are the 11th-century, Siculo-Norman cathedral, the Chiesa dell’Anime del Purgatorio (Church of the Souls of Purgatory) and catacombs niches of skeletons lining its walls.
From Caccamo the walk continues to Eremo San Felice following the .gpx route.